Konsulanci sieci są to osoby, które są członkami rady sieci, którzy mają dostęp do wszystkich narzędzi w całej sieci Ballmedii. Chociaż mają wszystkie uprawnienia, jakie posiadałby biurokrata i administrator, nie mogą działać bez zgody społeczności lub w przypadkach innych niż określone w niniejszych zasadach.
Network Consuls' responsibility is to mediate and resolve any issues across the Ballmedia network. They also work with wikis that lack an active administration in moderating them until an active administration can be established. Consuls may also act in emergency situations where local admins have not responded within a reasonable amount of time and may exercise any of their powers. If the community believes any action made by a Consul was done in error, they must inform the Network Director and must avoid wheel-warring.
Aby zostać konsulantem sieci, użyktownik musi:
- Mieć konto na Miraheze dłużej niż 3 miesiące.
- W znacznym stopniu przyczyniać się do projektu Ballmedia.
- Zgłosić się na Prośby o konsulaty.
- Użytkownik może być również nominowany na tej samej stronie, ale nadal musi podlegać wszystkim innym obowiązującym zasadom.
- Poczekać co najmniej 2 tygodnie.
- Otrzymać co najmniej 10 unikalnych głosów z kont, które nie są marionetkami.
- Otrzymać poparcie w wysokości co najmniej 60%.
Dyrektor sieci może zachować dyskrecję i unieważnić konsensus społeczności, aby uniknąć mianowania konsula. W takich przypadkach Dyrektor może zostać pominięty, jeśli większość 60% Konsulów zagłosuje za pominięciem Dyrektora.
A Network Consul may have their rights revoked if:
- They misuse their rights.
- They are excessively rude and uncivil.
- The Consul has not contributed to Ballmedia significantly in 3 months.
- The community starts a vote of no confidence.
- Consuls as a group may initiate a vote of no confidence. While a vote of no confidence created by an ordinary user would not result in immediate effects, a vote of no confidence made by the Consul group as a whole would result in immediate demotion while the process runs its course.
The Network Director may exercise discretion and demote a Consul for any reason stated above but may be overridden if a majority of 60% of Consuls vote against the decision.
Votes of no confidence
The community may start a vote of no confidence against a Consul for any of the reasons stated above on Requests for Consulship. For a vote of no confidence to be successful:
- At least 10 unique, non-sockpuppet users must vote.
- These users must have contributed to any Ballmedia project for at least a month and must have at least 50 meaningful edits.
- A threshold of 50% votes in favor for demotion must be reached.
A Network Director may decline to demote a Consul if they believe the vote has been done in bad faith or improperly.
If a majority of Consuls decide to start a vote of no confidence, the Consul in question will be demoted until the vote of no confidence finishes. Votes of no confidence started by Consuls are in no way different than regular votes of no confidence except that the Consul in question is demoted. Votes of no confidence made by Consuls are subject to the same rules outlined above and may be voted by all Ballmedia users.
Ballmedia Consuls are responsible of resolving any issues between wikis or users within the Ballmedia network. If a dispute between users can be handled by a local administrator, then the Consul should leave it up to the local administrators. If an issue cannot be resolved locally, the issue may be forwarded to the Consuls.
Consuls are also responsible of enforcing community consensus. If any local community expresses desires for a certain thing or action to be taken but the local administration refuses to do such thing or action, the Consul may enforce community consensus and do said thing or action. This should be done only in extreme cases and with the approval and consent of other Network Consuls.
In cases where no local (or active) administration exists on a Ballmedia project, Consuls work to moderate the wiki until the wiki has enough admins and bureaucrats to effectively self-moderate itself. Consuls may promote and demote users across the Ballmedia movement but should do so with explicit community or consul consensus.
Ballmedia Consuls may also act in emergency situations where local administrators have not acted within a reasonable amount of time or the damage that may occur to a wiki is urgent. This includes but is not limited to: demoting compromised users, temporarily closing wikis, redacting information, blocking users, changing site layout if a malicious thing has been done, reverting excessive vandalism, among other things.
Consuls are granted most bureaucrat and sysop rights but may not use them to get involved in local matters unless they are asked to by the community or any of the situations outlined in this section occur.
Reverting Consul actions
In the case in which the local administration or community believes a Consul has done an action in error, local administrators may revert it once and inform the Consul why their action was reverted. If the Consul decides to redo the action, they must provide a reason why in their edit/log summary and inform any administrator who left them a message stating why the Consul's action was reverted (if applicable). If the administration or community does not agree with this action, they may appeal to the Network Director but may not revert the action and engage in a wheelwar. The Network Director will then decide whether the action was appropriate or not.